From version 6.1 of SugarCRM has been introduced support for SAML. Recently, with version 6.2 of SugarCRM, I had an urgent need to use SAML support, I discovered, however, that does not work properly, the documentation is also wrong. I opened a support ticket to SugarCRM, but response times were very long. I also opened a Bug. Given the response times I preferred to solve the problem alone.
I attach the notes (HOWTO SAML Password Management) I wrote to the SugarCRM Support, about the desired behavior on SAML, maybe could be useful to some of you. I think that SugarCRM is still far from being considered Enterprise.